Sunday, October 14, 2012

Good finds at Goodwill.

I have been wanting to go to "Tom's Goodwill" for a while. I call it "Tom's Goodwill" because he shops there at least once a week on his lunch break and about 80% of his wardrobe comes from there. So today when faced with the choice between going to the gym or checking out this Goodwill, I thought "hmm I could blog about Goodwill, but no one wants to read about the gym" so I sacrificed for my new blog and went shopping.

This Goodwill (on Chamberlayne Ave.) was AMAZING!! To say it nicely, it isn't in the best neighborhood, but I am pretty sure that it is why it was so great. The had tons of brand-new with-tags items from Target. I have heard Target donates a lot to Goodwill, but I have never really noticed many of their items there. I am pretty sure that this was because I was (stupidly) shopping at the clean Goodwills in the nice neighborhoods.So my advice to you is, if you are willing to live on the edge, grab your purses (and hang on tightly) and head to your nearest sketchy Goodwill for some amazing finds.

The minute I walked in I spotted this box, containing a brand-new Thomasville dark mahogany end table. It was marked for $30 but the manager came over and told me that it was half off....music to my deal-loving ears! This is a picture of the box because the resident furniture putter together is currently busy watching football.


This Goodwill had a ton of items for the house, and we all know things like tea cups are definetly my cup of tea! Right now green or jade glass is pretty trendy and they had quite a good selection.
I also thought these dishes were really simple and cute. The whole set was marked $25.50 but they were BLUE aka the color of the week, which means they were half-off!



Pretty much everyone has caught on to the owl trend. This little guy caught my eye, and was marked $5.25 so I quickly googled the artist, "Ray Harm" (yes I am the obnoxious person using an iphone at Goodwill)  and low and behold the same exact print is currently selling for here for $50 on ebay!!  I didn't get it, but I may be going back for him, just based on principle.



Next up were these cute little teal farm chairs for $5.25 each.







The are currently siting in my kitchen at the end of my kitchen table, I am going for a "farmhouse chic" look, can't you tell?


Next up was this little $2 target lampshade. I have been feeling that our bedroom was getting a bit of a blue overload.  I thought this would be a good little pop of color.


From further back (don't mind the messiness, do mind the cute dog)...


Last up were these awesome ikat-ish print shorts with the tags still on them for $1.99!! It helps that they are kind of Gator colors!

I got two other clothing items, a dress for $4.25 and black pants for $5, both Target brand.

There you have it people, that is what I call a good day at Goodwill. Now my mission is to find out what day Target drops stuff off there! If anyone out there knows please tell me! Did any of you get any good deals over the weekend? I had to force myself to stay away from my favorite store Class and Trash because I have found too many good things there lately.

On another note, any of Tom's friends in NY who are reading this post (which I can pretty much guarantee is 0) will be jealous to see our afternoon snack....Triscuit pizzas! Who says meat lovers and vegetarians can't get along?

No comments:

Post a Comment