Sunday, November 11, 2012

Celebrity sightings

If you know me, you know that I love the blog Young House Love. If you have never read their blog I suggest you check it out. My friend Chrissy got me hooked on reading this blog a couple of years ago and I have been obsessed ever since. The authors, John and Sherry, wrote a book and Thursday night I got to go to their book signing and meet them. I was star struck!! They were so cool! I felt super cool considering I also randomly met Jesse Jackson at the airport last Friday, so my celebrity meeting total is on the rise!

 In honor of them I decided to do a little project from their book this weekend. I wanted some new art to hang in the big wall above my tv. I did this homemade art a while ago and was just bored with it.


 First, I gathered my supplies: tissue paper, modge podge, white acyclic paint and 3 16 x 20 blank canvases.



First I painted each canvas white, I thought it would make the canvas look better, but I am pretty sure this step can be eliminated. I then used a little Tupperware container to trace a circle on the tissue paper and cut out lots and lots of circles. I played with the designs in my head and then just got to work. It was pretty easy- you just brush the canvas with modge podge, lay the tissue paper, then go over it again with modge podge. Then  you have your finished project! They aren't perfect, but according to Sherry, that is what gives it it's "charm". I am not sure if this is 100% perfect for this space but I do love it so it will get some use somewhere.










While I was in the circular mood I whipped these up using acrylic paint and a jar top....



Did anyone out there do any projects this weekend?

I know the comment box still isn't working for most people, so please feel free to comment on the link on the facebook page- thanks for reading!

1 comment: