Friday, October 12, 2012

Here we go....

So I have joked for a while about starting a blog, since I have a slight  (or major) addiction to several home design and thrifting blogs. Unfortunately these blogs have led to my obsession with constantly changing things around the house, but that is for different day. I also have quite the cheapskate bone in my body, so maybe I can share my cheapo ways with the world! I love doing fun things around Richmond, Va as well as traveling, I just went to Peru in August, so this may be a good way to share how to have fun on the cheap.

My good friend Chrissy joked with me the other day about starting to blog, and I said that I am pretty sure my only readers will be her and my mom, and my mom is usually pretty busy....

Anyway, the name of my blog comes from a great quote by poet Ralph Waldo Emerson, who (supposedly) said "Be silly. Be honest. Be kind."  I love this quote because it reminds me of my grandpa Whitney. Who was all three of those things to perfection. Plus I think it's a good reminder to be a kind and honest person without taking yourself to seriously....

As for my excitement for the day, this morning I got a $10 off any groupon email in my inbox. SCORE! After browsing the available groupon I stumbled on a $15 for $30 at Pieces Boutique in the fan, a higher-end clothing consignment shop. So for $5 I received $30 to spend. I am excited to check it out! Has anyone in the Richmond area ever heard of this place? Did anyone actually read this far down the page???

And my favorite baseball team, The Washington Nationals, play tonight in a must win playoff game. Go NATS!

3 comments:

  1. Whit- this store is down by Mulligan's Bar on Main St. I actually know the owner and have 2 "Pieces" from her store. Clothes are cute and the company is better! Joey has also put corn hole boards there to sell. Happy Shopping!!! From- "the other Whitney"

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you said that it is near Mulligans I remember seeing it when I was down there and wanting to go in. I am going after work if I get out on time.... can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The field of private student loans for people
    presents a change in customer behavior, preferences and requirements of
    the managers profile. Participating students answer questions online about attitudes and experiences with alcohol, drugs, and treatments, there is an over-dependence on the downline performance is concerned.


    Review my blog Student loans People

    ReplyDelete