Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Quick and Simple Seasonal Wall Art

How many of you have Pinterest? For those that do, what percentage of the projects you have pinned have you completed? If you are like me, it is approximately 0.01%. This is the once thing I actually did. And it is simple, quick and easy, just the way I like it!

If you know me, you know that I am a pretty particular person (family members and close friends keep your comments to yourself). Especially when it comes to my house. I don't like a lot of clutter, or things lying around, but I do like decorating for holidays.  I partially feel the need to get into the holiday spirit because my mom always had elaborate decorations growing up, granted, this did include stapling our childhood holiday artwork along the wooden beams across our log home's ceiling, which was "interesting"(in the words of my grandmother) (sorry mom), but I loved the holiday feel to our home. Holiday decor somewhat stresses me out because a lot of holiday decorations are items you put on tables, counter tops, etc. that add some clutter. Here is a cool idea to add some holiday decor in a clean and classy way.

First,  I found this website on Pinterest. It is a bunch of FREE and easily download-able printables. Basically there is one for every month of the year, plus one for the in-between. Here is my current framed "Halloween" printable in my entrance way.

They print as an 8 x 10, than I picked up this 11 x 14 frame with a mat at Michael's for about $8.99. I think it is really fun to have a piece of classy looking holiday decor that can change with the seasons!

Along the same lines, here is my hallway art that I made basically the same way with my favorite quote, the one that this blog is named after.



These are also 11x14 frames that came with the mat. I believe these are from Ben Franklin. I bought some shiny, textured scrapped book paper for about $0.20 a sheet. I then played around on word for a while with fonts and colors, and then printed on my regular basic laser printer. I love these too, because if I get sick of them I can switch them out for less than a buck. Here they are up close....


So there you have it. What quick and cheap art or projects have you done lately?

My next blog post (which I am planning for Thursday) will include a BIG REVEAL!!! I am so excited for this project to be completed! You won't want to miss it. It will be the biggest reveal in the history of this blog! Alright, so that isn't too grand of a claim considering the blog is less than a week old, but still you will want to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment