Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Be Kind

Sticking with the title of my blog, today I am asking everyone to embrace kindness. Our country has been deeply saddened by the shooting in Newtown. If you are like me, you are feeling powerless. There is a feeling that you want to help, or honor the lives lost, but aren't really sure how or what to do to deal with the sadness this tradgey left in your heart. Well, Ann Curry came up with an idea: 20, or 26 random acts of kindness. (One for each child, or each person, who died in the shooting). You can search #20acts or #26 acts on Twitter to see what some people have done.

Some things were as simple as taking a neighbor's garbage pails out for them, or paying the bill for a person behind you in a fast food line. So I am starting today with my 20 acts. I am going to spread mine out, it may take 2 months, maybe longer, maybe I will never stop. I will document them on the blog as I do them. Some, I may not document all, because I may do some for people that may not what their story disclosed.  If I can get one other person to do this I will feel as though I did a little more good in the world. So join me in showing that in light of all this bad, the world does still have a little good left and please share as you do them...

No comments:

Post a Comment