Thursday, December 6, 2012

Unleashing My Inner Artist

Last night I used a Living Social deal I had to a place called Wine and Design. It is located on Broad St., near Gus' (or the Science Museum for less bar-familiar folks). My friends and I had bought this deal for $19, it is usually $35, but they ended up going on a night that I couldn't go. That was fine because I had my eye on a painting of "the fan" district in Richmond.


Basically you check out the calendar and pick which night you are going to go based on what painting you like. When you get there, there a outline you work off of.

Then the artist leads you through the painting in different steps. I had so much fun and I am pretty pleased with how my painting turned out. Most of the paintings that I saw displayed used a lot of blended colors, and not a lot of clean lines, so that you can't mess them up too badly.




It is so fascinating to me how they all look similar but so different.

I think it is so cool to have a piece of art in your home that you actually painted yourself. I can't wait till people say "I like this picture" and I can say "oh that, I painted it..." very casually.

The cool thing about this location is that you can bring your own bottles of wine in and drink for inspiration. They also sell beers and food. The prices were good, I got a delicious hummus platter for $8. You can find the Richmond location's website here, but they have a ton of other locations for you non-Richmonders. They also do private parties- I am dying to get Club Rec there!

I really can't wait to do the "paint your pet" night. It is a little more expensive, but I can imagine it is a lot more individual instruction since everyone is painting a different pet. Who else wants to go?

1 comment:

  1. Really cool idea Whit. I love it. I'll take a Whit original please.
    Merry Christmas!
    Val

    ReplyDelete