Friday, November 23, 2012

There's a first time for everything...

And this is the first time, as far as I can remember, that I haven't gone Black Friday shopping (since I have been an adult). It really does hurt my heart a little. I decided to skip it this year, because I didn't really have one specific item I wanted and I knew if I went just to go I would end up spending money on stuff that was on sale, but that I didn't really need. I may venture down to Carytown, a cool little shopping district in Richmond for those that don't know, and see what they have got going on for "small business Saturday" though.

I am hoping to live through everyone else. Anyone get an unbelievable deal? If so, please tell me!!

Last night I did the thing I dread each year: I climbed up into our attic and got down the Christmas decorations. Some swearing and a bump on my head was involved, but the tree and decorations have successfully made it to living-level. I swear this year I am finding a new place to store them or else getting rid of the tree and going Au natural next year, as far as the tree is concerned.

This are two quick little decor projects I did to get into the Christmas spirit. First I found these little reindeer at a garage sale and Goodwill for about $1 each.

Then I found this new spray paint at Wal Mart that claimed to be paint and primer so I had to test it out.


Ta da....


I love them! And I love that spray paint. So while I was in the spraying frame of mind, I sprayed down three of these pine cones I found while visiting my mom in Myrtle Beach.



Ta da #2...



Two quick, cheap and easy holiday decor ideas to get you in the spirit!
Happy shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment